Mobile physiotherapy service covering Burton, Derbyshire, Staffordshire and Leicestershire
Tel: 07943 129217
Over 50s Classes
A common thread throughout my career is my passion to help and support people to restore/maintain their health, mobility and functional independence with everyday activities. I believe it is vital that there are more opportunities to keep active in a safe, friendly and supportive environment no matter what you age, physical ability or medical condition.
This passion led me to join Move It or Lose It network and train as an exercise instructor in chair-based exercises.
Move It or Lose It chair-based classes
Move It or Lose It chair-based exercise classes for the over 50s can help you to get fit for life with easy to follow routines, great music and expert instruction. These specifically tailored exercises can improve your strength, mobility and confidence.
FABS Programme standing classes
There is an exercise programme FABs for those individuals who are more able and involve exercises in a standing position - working on flexibility, aerobic, balance and strength.
So if you are wanting to get fitter, lead a more active life and keep healthy in old age then why not join me at one of my over 50s exercise classes in Burton Upon Trent, Staffordshire.
Both classes offer a great opportunity to improve fitness for over 50s, to discuss your fitness needs contact Sarah on 07943 129217 who will be happy to answer any questions you might have.
Benefits of exercise
The benefits of exercises for the over 50s can be far-reaching:
- Improve muscular strength and power maintaining the independence muscles
- Improve flexibility and range of movement
- Improve fitness and health of the heart and lungs
- Improve functional fitness to help with ADL
- Improve bone strength with load bearing exercise
- Improve general health and fitness
- Help to maintain independence
- Offer opportunities to increase socialising (for class situations)
- Improve self-esteem, confidence and sense of self-worth
- Reduce anxiety and depression
- Improves co-ordination
- Improve mood and well-being
- Increases sense of empowerment of achieving goals for yourselves
Still not sure it's for you?
Here's what our over 50s fitness class members think of the classes:
"The class helps me to mobilise and get active and since attending the class my knees have been much better with less pain".
"It is great to come each week and mix with other people, make new friends and lifts my mood”.
So why not join us to have fun, keep fit and make new friends! Call Sarah on 07943 129217 or email firstname.lastname@example.org